0

i heart my job . . . most of the time.

Posted by A PRINCESS ON A BUDGET on 9:17 PM in
I was working today and had this gem of a conversation with my incontinent 93-year old patient as I was passing meds in the afternoon.

Me: Hi, Mr. ______. I have something for you again (referring to the meds I was gonna give him).
Pt: Well, that's great! I have something for you too (referring to something squishy on his behind).

I tell you, I have such cheeky patients.

I had another conversation with another patient earlier in the day which left me quite speechless.

Me: Hi, Ms. _______. I'm ______ and I'll be taking care of you today.
Pt: Oh, what a lovely name! It's so ladylike.
Me: (snickering) Oh, I am very far from being lady-like.

The patient says nothing after this but later in the day, I overheard her telling her daughter that she thinks her nurse is a lesbian.

I love my job. I really do . . . most of the time.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Musings of a Principessa All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.