0

online dating is a nightmare.

Posted by A PRINCESS ON A BUDGET on 11:58 PM in ,
So my nursing bestie forced talked me into joining this online dating website. She says one of her good girlfriends, who isn't really pretty but is one of the nicest girls I've ever met, met her true love online. Seeing as how I haven't had luck finding Mr. Right, I decided to give it a go. What have I got to lose, anyway?

Apparently, you could lose a lil bit of self-esteem, that's what. I definitely did.

You see, the online dating site I mentioned has this thing where you can "wink" at a person to get their attention. Since I'm chicken-shit new to this and all, I figured winking is way better than sending an email to a guy who seems somewhat interesting. After all, what the heck-a-loo do you say to someone you know nothing about, right? Nothing except for the mumbo-jumbo they wrote (and probably made up) on their profile page. Besides, I am bad at writing letters AND I give a horrible first impression. People need to be with me for at least 2 hours before they love me, and then they realize I'm the best thing since frozen yogurt. Seriously, having my wink ignored is better than a blatant rejection of my email . . . I think.

No, you know what, I take that back. I actually got a rejection letter for one of my winks from this one guy. Yea, he was sorta cute and all but it wasn't like I was really into him. What's weird is that his rejection did hurt a little bit. Maybe I should say my pride got hurt. It got gutted out of my chest, ripped into shreds, and then fed to piranhas, which are like the scariest creatures ever. Just look at it's eyes.

I guess I now know what the 7 guys whose winks I rejected feel like. I wish someone would've told me beforehand to just ignore the unwanted winks I get. That would've saved me from lame emails saying "I wasn't really interested in you anyway" or annoying ones saying "YOU rejected me???". Uh yes, douchebag, I rejected your ass. Deal with it.


And please, for the love of God, stop posting naked or half-naked pictures of yourselves. NOT. SEXY. not at all. Especially when it's done in front of a mirror in the bathroom.

Tell me, does online dating really work? Seriously?

Because since I joined 2 days ago, all I've gotten are creepy winks from 50-year old guys who live in another frakking state or irritating emails from 200-lb men calling me sweetie. Uggh.

Seriously, I AM NOT INTERESTED.

No, I'm not agist or weight-ist (Is that what you call it?).

You're just not my type.

Or if that's too harsh, fine. It's not you, it's me.

Sigh.

I can be a real witch sometimes.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Musings of a Principessa All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.