0

another cavity bites the dust.

Posted by A PRINCESS ON A BUDGET on 1:02 AM in
So, I wasn't gonna post anything today just because but then I started watching AI and they had this one contestant on there that totes reminded me of myself just because we were both great singers born with extremely high-pitched voices and she had flown all the way from Florence, Italy which of course is another sign since I LOVE Italy like you can't imagine and like I said she had flown 14 hours just to be on AI and it made me realize that I should be more like her in terms of putting myself out there more which reminded me that I had recently started a blog so now I'm here typing away about nothing in particular. Wow. Longest sentence ever. Anyhoo . . .

I went to my dentist today.

Before I tell you this story, you need to know how I feel used to feel about dentists. It's a well-known fact most people dislike dentists. But I was not most people. I didn't just dislike dentists. I. HATED. THEM. Srsly, what was there not to hate? They poke you with needles and hooks of all sizes. They make you delirious with laughing gas (well, this part I actually like just because everything seems funnier when you're high on nitrous oxide). They use a nasty drill to torture you then suction you dry. They make you keep your mouth open until your jaw locks and you can't move it anymore. They put so many different things in your mouth, it's gross. They always make you look sh*tty after each visit because you end up with a bedhead from lying down on the chair too long. They charge exorbitant fees that cost more than all your arms and legs combined. Srsly, I could give a bajillion more reasons why dentists suck but I think you get my drift. Dentists were the bane of my existence. They scared the bejeezers out of me. They really really really really really did. They scared me so much that before 2008, I hadn't been to a dentist in 4 years. Gross, I know. I ended up getting 11 (yes, 11!) cavities because of that. Yes, I chose rotting teeth and diseased gums over seeing a dentist because that's how much I hated them. Don't judge me.


In 2008, a magical thing happened. See, I was already taking nursing pre-requisites at that time and in my Anatomy class, my professor had mentioned that a person could get brain damage because of tooth cavities. Apparently, the bacteria in your teeth could get to your brain and then poof!, you're no longer completely functional. Being the paranoid person that I was, I totally panicked. I began believing that my cavities were going to lead me to my death, or worse, to total brain damage. Since I refused to have "died of poor dental hygiene" as part of my obituary, I started scouting for a new dentist and I eventually found HIM. I found THE ONE . . . a dentist I believe God made just for me. He was perfect! He never poked me unless he had to, and he was always gentle about it (that's what she said). He let me listen to my iPod when I was getting a procedure done so I wouldn't hear the sound of the dreaded drill. He would ask me about my life and would totally understand when I couldn't respond because I had a suction tube and dental tools in my mouth. He would make jokes and tell me funny stories just so I'd forget the fact that I looked crappy as heck after we were done. He was perfect. And he was mine. Now, don't get me wrong. I may seem like a lovesick maniac who's got the hots for her dentist, but I am not. Definitely not. He just keeps my mouth clean and healthy, and that makes me happy.

And I really shouldn't forget about the other awesome peeps that work in that clinic. They are srsly the nicest bunch of people I know. Like today for example, they applauded when I told them I finally got a job. They APPLAUDED me. Who does that?!

And yes, I know not everyone will believe that my relationship with my dentist was meant to be. Cynics will say that the fees I pay to my dentist are out of this world, and it's just not worth it. Believe me, I  totally agree with the first part of that sentence. The fees are killing me. I just really don't want to switch dentists anymore. I've finally found the perfect one, and I am sticking with him. This guy owns me, body and soul, until death do us part. Or at least until he fixes all my cavities, whichever comes first.


|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Musings of a Principessa All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.