0

putting my big girl pants on.

Posted by A PRINCESS ON A BUDGET on 12:25 PM in


So, I’m doing this. I’m actually starting my own blog. That’s one off my bucket list. Let me begin my saying that I am in no way techno-savvy (do people even use that term?). It would probably take me weeks … no … months to figure out how this bloggy thing works so this might be painful at first. But hey, it’ll be fun. And annoying. And I’ll probably give up in the next few days. Or maybe this could be one of those things in my life that I’ll actually stick with. And no, I don’t have ADD. I might since I have the attention span of a 3-year-old, but I really truly doubt it. Anyhoo …

I’m a little confused. Should I write an introductory post about myself? That’s kinda weird since I don’t think anyone’s going to read this except me. And maybe my sisters if I blackmail them ask them nicely. Maybe my brothers if I tell them I’ll buy them really cool things (which I’m really not doing, of course). Or maybe even my parents but I doubt they could figure this out seeing as how I’m still trying to explain to them how Facebook and Twitter works. Whatevs. I suppose I’ll just write about myself because isn’t it nice when you take a few minutes to pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself on how amazing you truly are?

Ok, let’s see. I’m a 30-year-old single girl (random note: I hate loathe being called a woman because it makes me feel really old) who just graduated from nursing school last year so I am now at a crossroad in my life. That sentence right there would give me tons of fodder for my next few posts. Like the part where I’m now 30, for example. The big 3-0. Who would’ve thought?! Holy crap! I’m definitely still in denial about that particular factoid, especially when I have to fill out forms (tax forms, credit card applications, other stupid stuff) that ask me how old I am. I would totally write down 25 if I wouldn’t get arrested and possibly put in jail for lying about myself on paper. But I digress. Like I said, I’m at a crossroad now. Starting a new life. Turning a new leaf. Shifting careers. Am I excited? Hell yes! Am I nervous? I AM F*CKING TERRIFIED! But like I said, this is as good a time as any to have a make-over. A make-a-life-over, if that makes sense.

It may seem like this post is all over the place. Because it is. But I just have so many thoughts running through my head right now and I’m typing as fast as I can to keep up. Blogging overload.

I come from a huge family. And when I say huge, I mean HUGE. Daddykins is a lawyer and Madear stays at home. He's my hero and she's my best friend. I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Let's start with the eldest. Sissy HH (Happy Homemaker) is an architect and is married to Brother-in-law Illini who's a contractor. They have a son I endearingly call H-Boo (Honey Bunches of Oats) and a dog named Happiness. I come after sissy HH. Sissy MD is the 3rd child and a doctor, hence the nick. She's my go-to person when my hypochondriac tendencies act up. Brother Kuy works in finance as . . . something. Not really sure what. But I do know he's really good at what he does. Brother Dix is still in college but he's hopefully graduating soon. He's a partier, that one. Sissy Chimbanny just graduated from high school and is about to start college in a few months. I tell her all the time that she should enjoy college as much as she can because it's all downhill from there. I don't think she believes me. Our youngest is Sissy Tararing and she's still in high school. She is also the only one out of the 7, except for Sissy HH who doesn't count because she's married, who has a significant other. Obviously, it was crazy in our house when I was growing up. I love them all to death, though. And I’m sure all of them will be frequent subjects of my bloggy world.

If you don’t know yet, nurses (or maybe medical professionals in general) frequently self-diagnose. Or is it just me? Anyhoo, I have determined that aside from ADD, I may also have bipolar disorder. I hope not. You be the judge. I have serious mood swings which give everybody around me whiplash (shoutout to Edward Cullen!). Just really depends on how good my day is going. And how much chocolate I've had.

I love music. I once took singing lessons as a child which led me to falsely believe that I can sing. I can carry a tune, yes, but I would love love love to be able to sing like Rachel Berry. But I can’t. I also used to think I was a super good dancer but that, too, was a mistake. I also love to eat. I am currently working on debunking the theory that the amount of food one shoves in one’s mouth is directly proportional to one’s weight. I have performed numerous experiments in my quest to prove that this theory is, in fact, not true but I am failing epic-ly (Is this even a word?). Whatevs. Madear likes telling me that I'm “allergic to money” since I am almost always broke. I always tell her I'm not allergic to money, money is allergic to me. She then proceeds to give me a weird look then she walks aways. That technique never fails. But like I said earlier, I’m turning over a new leaf. I am determined (DETERMINED!) to save up … after I have bought myself a new computer … and a phone … and a car … and a Wii . . . and a wishbone pendant. Which are all necessities, of course. Oh, and I love reading YA novels. There’s just something about mythical creatures that pulls me right in and swallows me whole. I will choose vampires, fairies, angels, werewolves, vampire hunters, gods and storm chasers over Nicholas Sparklepants any day.

Oh, and I start a new job on Monday. I AM FINALLY A BONAFIDE REGISTERED NURSE! To my future co-workers, I’m super excited to meet you and please be nice to me. I cry easily. To my future patients, it’s a bit early to say this but I will be the best d*mn nurse you’ve ever had. Srsly. I do feel I have to say sorry to those that I would need to start an IV on because I am horrible not really good at that, but everything else??? Bring it on, baby!

So, I guess that’s it for now. I’m sure there’s still a lot of things about me that you should know about but we’ll get there. I’m sure my other quirks and eccentricities will come out sooner or later in my future posts. I’m stoked to be sharing my adventures with you. It will be a blast.

Welcome to my life.

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Musings of a Principessa All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.