1

i wish valentine's day would crawl under a rock and die.

Posted by A PRINCESS ON A BUDGET on 9:30 PM in ,


Actually, Valentine's Day this year wasn't as dreadful as I thought it would be. It was . . . okay. I actually had a date. Granted it was my mom, but still. Madear's in SoCal for a visit so I decided to take her out on a "date". We ate at Brent's Delicatessen for lunch and holy-moly was it good! One of my good friends has been absolutely raving about this place, and now I understand why.

my pastrami reuben sandwich and mom's ultimate omelette. yum.

After lunch, I convinced Madear to watch Percy Jackson with me. I love her unquestioning acceptance every time her 30-year-old daughter acts like a 10-year-old boy. Mothers and unconditional love, what can I say? Surprisingly, she liked the movie! My mom's cool like that. She did say that she didn't think kids should be allowed to see it because it was a bit scary at times, especially everytime PJ had to use his super cool pen against monsters of various forms, shapes and sizes (I'm looking at you, Uma Thurman!). I suppose she has a point. I still get chills whenever I remember the half-horse half-Pierce Brosnan creature. Scary indeed.

dear hippie who looks nothing like 007, please don't haunt my dreams. kthanxbye.

I liked the movie. I mean, it was no Harry Potter but it was good enough to waste my time on hold my attention for 1 and a half hours. I noticed they changed a few pertinent things from the book, though. That was probably my only issue with it. That and the hippie creature I mentioned earlier. *shudder*

When I got home, I went on Twitarded and saw this . . .


It got me so excited I squeed. Out loud. A bunch of times. Then I realized how pathetic it was that a Rob collage (a Roballage) was the best thing about my Valentine's Day this year. How sad is that?!

Anyhoo, I was determined not to be a bitter single chick who rolls her eyes at couples and makes singles-awareness-day jokes this year like I was last year. I think I succeeded. Any eye-rolling and snarky jokes were kept inside my head.

Besides, I had a new VD motto this year. Better no romance than a bad romance. That's a little Gaga-ism for you.

I am glad VD is coming to an end this year. Hopefully, next year's VD will be better especially since I've pretty much been lowering my standards bit by bit every year. Really, my only requirement right now is that everytime a guy walks towards me, it should be in slow motion. I mean, how hard could it be?! Edward Cullen does it.


So 'til we meet again next February, Valentine's Day. I'll be watching you. Rah-rah ah ah ah roma romama gaga ooh la la . . . want your bad romance!

|

1 Comments


There's nothing wrong with a little Rob-lust on V Day! ;-)

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Musings of a Principessa All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.